Saturday 17 August 2013

1 week to go!

With one week to go we headed for the national parks of the great dividing range. They are spectacular with huge escarpments, great cliffs, deep valleys, and waterfalls.








We were also fascinated with the wildlife and birds.






In spite of the more than 5000 Kim's we have certainly not seen all of the green bits of Victoria and NSW. A lot of it was closed for the winter season! Who knows when we will get back to fill in the bits we left out! 

So far the Earthcruiser has proven to be a very comfortable vehicle. She is comfortable to drive in. The view from so high up is quite different -usually better except for the steep drop offs -the height allows a good view straight down the slope! 

Camping is so easy. Set up takes seconds, and no physical strength is required. Cooking inside is also easy with enough preparation area, and enough food storage -although we stored large food containers in the outside locker. 


The heater is a dream, and so is the hot water. We showered inside in the cold weather, but I look forward to trying the outside shower on our next trip.

My greatest concern while we waiting for the vehicle was whether I would ave trouble climbing into the cab. I thought I might need to use a footstool. That cabin is a long way up. However to my great relief (and surprise) I found that I could do it! And I got stronger as the weeks went on. 

So after almost 6 weeks on the road we arrived back in Sydney. The Earthcruiser needs its 5,000km service, and the stove needs some adjustments, so we left her in Sydney and flew home. We will return to pick up the EC and resume our northwards wandering in a few weeks. 







No comments:

Post a Comment