Thursday 30 April 2015

2 steps forward and one step back.

30/4/2015 Thursday
Yesterday we heard that our ship is to arrive in Antwerpen 3 days earlier than expected! Great! Luckily we haven't booked hotels for the end of the trip in case something like this happened! 

And with amazing technology we have today we can see exactly where the ship is and what she looks like! 


The MOL Brillance.

Current position....


So that's two steps forward. 

This morning we headed to the airport for our flight to Dhubai. We sat in the airport all day until finally the flight was cancelled. We are thus still in Singapore for one more night. We will still have an overnight stop in Dhubai avoiding the dreaded long haul to Paris. 

But we planned on a day and a half there -all that beautiful gold jewellery in the souk. I missed out on it  last time we were there and I was resolved to get my hands on some this time! So one step backwards. 

Yesterday we spent the day at the Jurong bird park. What a fabulous place for someone with a camera! It gave me the chance to practice my bird photography skills, so I'll show you a couple of shots (Sony Cybershot Bridge camera).






I hope you will agree my shots are improving -but I must admit that I have been assisted by a Chinese man in a camera shop! We went in to get a plain, $20 filter to act as a lens cap, to save taking it on and off all of the time etc. but I hadn't realised that I needed a much better filter than that! 

$150 later we left with a high quality, multi coated, adjustable, UV filter, and a battery with 5 times the capacity of the basic one I had. (There is now no need to carry the charger with me since I will NEVER run out of battery power) and a complimentary UV film over the viewing screen. So you see there is help in every camera shop in Singapore and we'd have been fools not to take it! And my shots have benefited (I suppose). 











No comments:

Post a Comment